[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2886915 ] Windows version

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 9 15:24:21 MST 2009

Bugs item #2886915, was opened at 2009-10-27 06:07
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2886915&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: General
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but the "contact us" page only linked to this bug tracker or suggest a feature.

Is there a Windows version of this great looking Bible study tool.  I was hoping to see a big "Download This Now" type button in the Download web page that so many other products seem to have, but instead all I could see was links to the source code for linux and something called packages.  Is this linux only?  Will I have to reformat my netbook and install linux to be able to use this program to study the bible?  Do I have to compile the sources myself?  That sounds a bit tricky.  And what is this Sword thingymajig?  I'm a bit surprised if there isn't a Windows version and only a Linux version since most computers in the world have Windows.

Thanks,
-Brendan
bjbrewster [at] gmail.com

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-10-27 08:25

Message:
You coudn't have chosen better (or worse, depending on the viewpoint)
moment to ask this :)

You can see a link to "prebuild packages" in
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Building_on_Windows.

It may seem cryptic, but it's just an ordinary installer package for
Windows. We are just planning t o announce it publicly in our news. At the
moment it's only a version for testing, but it should work as well as any.
You will be amongst the first ones to use BibleTime on Windows! If you find
any issues or questions, you can ask them here.

We will update our web page to include a Download link after we have
released the final version. We want to be sure that it has had enough
testing before we call it mature. Thanks for reminding us that we must
avoid technical Unix jargon when writing to our new user base.