[bt-devel] Windows Development Release Updated to 1750

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Nov 5 23:59:38 MST 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:

> I have updated the Windows build to svn 1750. This fixes the crash in
> the canceling of a bookshelf install. It also has other bookshelf
> changes that Eeli sent email about.
>
> http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Building_on_Windows#Prebuilt_packages
>
> I did not use the 2.4.beta revision. I want to get agreement before
> changing the Windows version to a beta status.

We can first follow the upstream beta version numbers (beta1, 2...) and
when it goes to RC or final we can continue with beta numbers in Windows
release. I don't think it's too confusing.

There is only one problem: when to change the Win version to final? In
my opinion we should have enough positive test reports from Windows XP,
Vista and 7. It's time to install BibleTime for all your relatives,
friends and enemies. I also repeat: we should - no, we MUST - use the
Testing wiki page to get at least some coverage for tests. Casual "I can
install and read a Bible, it works for me" isn't enough.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland