[bt-devel] Crash While Canceling Bookshelf Download

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Nov 5 23:51:03 MST 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> The wait function will return as soon as the thread does terminate so
> there is not much cost to greatly increasing the time. I put 25,000 ms
> on the first wait and 10,000 on the second. I have not seen a crash
> since then. I did see from 0 to 5 second delay after canceling before
> the dialog went away. We would have to have a 35 second delay before a
> crash could still occur.
>
> I have checked in this change.

Sorry, but it doesn't work (though I haven't tested it yet). I
originally tried to do it that way, but QThread::terminate() just isn't
reliable. In Linux it didn't work at all. If you have tested it Windows,
it might work.

This is why we need either our own FTP backend or fixed SWORD backend.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland