[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Feature Requests-2892157 ] footnote switch in bible display options

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 4 13:07:40 MST 2009

Feature Requests item #2892157, was opened at 2009-11-04 14:07
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by mike_y
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350954&aid=2892157&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend
Group: BibleTime 2.x

Initial Comment:
OS: linux, windows
BT: version (windows2.3+svnr1724, but this lack of feature is present on linux (but an older linux version of BT--I'm still on PCLinux 2009 maintained v 1.6.5 using KDE 3.5.10 )
Books involved: ESV v 1.0 (obtained from crosswire.org 10/31/09).

WOC, cross references, even verse numbers can be switched off in BT bible display options, but footnote markers remain visible.

It would be nice to be able to turn off ALL non-scripture artifacts, including footnote markers.

example verse: II Corinthians 4:1:
Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, (1) we do not lose heart.

In windows svnr 1724 :(1) is a link which shows a footnote in the mag when clicked.  There should be a way to NOT display this type of info in BT. In linux v 1.6.5 the verse shows an extraneous 1 that does not display a footnote in the mag.

I'd like to think of this as a bug, but it isn't really breaking anything other than being possibly extraneous information.