[bt-devel] How to configure BT with CMake in Windows?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:25:54 MST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
>> Are you building against SVN?  If so, you might want to check the
>> versioning in the sword_version_compare.cpp and see if it handles
>> SWORD SVN properly.  All of my latest compiles have been against
>> 1.6.0, so I don't know what the status of our check for >1.6.0 SVN
>> might return.
>
> No, I used the 1.6.0 .tar.gz
>
>> > CMake Error at cmake/FindSword.cmake:99 (MESSAGE):
>> >  Installed Sword version is NOT ok! Check program said: Exit code
>> > 0xc0000135
>
> I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/119518/en-us
> Can you see if it could be related?

It certainly looks like it could be related.  Unless that test program
has, unbeknownst to me, been altered to give that strange hex value
return as one of its error messages.  However, we're not trying to
open with the Workbench, and I doubt that you are using Visual C++ 6?
If you are, then that's where the issue could lie.  I've only tried
with Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 (versions 8 and 9, respectively) and
it's been a long time since I tried with 2005.  Do you have multiple
versions of Studio installed and maybe it's picking up on the wrong
one? I've also seen a similar issue because of the GNU for Windows
utilities I used to have installed on one Windows machine and it was
finding the link.exe from GNU before the link.exe for Visual Studio.

Just some ideas of what you might look for.

--Greg