[bt-devel] Unable to copy a word from Mag window?

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun May 31 23:21:15 MST 2009

In BT 2.0 I seem to be unable to select and copy a word from the Mag
window (for example, ready to paste it into the search dialog).

To reproduce:

1) Start BibleTime.
2) Open KJV.
3) Hover over Gen 1:1 "In the beginning".
4) Move cursor into Mag window.
5) Select the first word (I can't select the last char of this Hebrew
word -  that may be a different issue?).
6) Ctrl-C to copy selected text (right click does nothing, no context
menu appears so I can't select copy that way).
7) Click on Search and then Search in open works...
8) Right click in the search field and choose Paste

I get whatever you last copied to the clipboard, not the word from the
Mag window.

Is that the expected/desired behaviour?  It definitely surprised me :)

While doing this I also noticed that hovering over the word "God" in KJV
Gen 1:1 gets me a mag window with a garbled name of God including a
bunch of x's and a TM symbol... is this caused a bad font on my machine,
or is this another BT or SWORD issue?

Thanks,

Jonathan