[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.0 released

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat May 30 16:45:09 MST 2009

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Using the packages from launchpad I get a lot of
> 	(BibleTime 2.0) WARNING: QSvgHandler::parsePen could not resolve property
> 	"linearGradient3269"
> messages on stdout.

That warning is most likely from yet another mildly corrupted SVG
graphics file which is being used for an icon.  It should be harmless.
Many of those warnings got fixed already, apparently at least one
remains...!  If you can find out which icon it is (which one do you
mouse over or click on when you see the warning, maybe?) that might be
useful information, and we can try to rebuild that
icon file to avoid the warning messages.

> The UI is sluggish. At least I think it's slow :) Is there a way to
> fix this?

> I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 with the shipped version of Qt.

The "sluggish UI" is (I think) a different issue; more details would be
good -- which operations feel slow to you?  I know the (as yet
unreleased) Windows port had some slow UI issues at one point, but I
didn't know the Ubuntu build had that issue too.  Can you quantify the
issue at all for us ("Open BibleTime, click *here* and then *there*, and
it takes about 2 seconds to open the *whatever* dialog" type of reports)?

BibleTime 2.0 seems reasonably normal in terms of UI speed to me, on
Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 amd64.  I'm running it on (inexpensive but)
relatively modern desktop PC hardware -- Intel E5200 dual core at
2.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 640GB WD SATA HD.  In case it matters, I'm using
BibleTime installed from my .deb packages, of course :)

Jonathan