[bt-devel] Installing/Updating BibleTime from http://ppa.launchpad.net/pkgcrosswire/ppa/ubuntu?

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Wed May 27 10:25:02 MST 2009

Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:

> In order to update from Xiphos 3.0.1 to 3.1, I followed the instructions on
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~pkgcrosswire/+archive/ppa
> <https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Epkgcrosswire/+archive/ppa>.

> I now have in Synpatics/Settings/Repositories the repositories entered and
> enabled and can upgrade Xiphos whenever a new version is there. The bottom of
> this page shows, that bibledit also 'joined the club'.

> What about *BibleTime*? I think that it would a very helpful to put it there
> too, especially for the new version 2.0.

Unlike Xiphos 3.1, and unlike Bibledit 3.7, BibleTime 2.0 is not yet
released :)

Only alpha, beta and (maybe?) release candidates of BT 2.0 have been
released so far.  There are BT 2.0 beta2 packages in the
developer-testing PPA, at

   https://launchpad.net/~pkgcrosswire/+archive/developer-testing

If you want to help us test those, that would be great -- just be aware
that they are only intended for testing by developers, and are just test
packages of a beta release of BT, not released software versions
intended for end users.

Once the final BT 2.0 is released, and we have packaged it, those
packages will appear in the main ~pkgcrosswire PPA.  Martin has posted
the timeline for the BT 2.0 release to this list already, I think.

Jonathan