[bt-devel] Development after 2.0 final

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun May 24 02:46:19 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

>> 1. Both the Config and Bookshelf Manager are much easier to use after
>> you manually increase their height. I know that their current size is
>> so that small monitors can be used with them. How about checking the
>> monitor height and automatically increasing the height of these if the
>> space is available.
>>

> It's one way. However, both dialogs can have better layout which make it
> need less space.

I forgot the Config dialog. I think we could create a new Fonts page.
Then the font previewer would have more space. The Languages would have
nothing but the book name language selector right now, but as has been
suggested before, we could allow changing the UI language, too.

> 5. A larger, but necessary, task is to do something to the display
> window toolbars. They are a shame for us. Usability is very bad if the
> display window is narrow. Try for example some general books with a
> narrow window. Lexicons or Bibles are not much better.

I have written a suggestion for one aspect of display windows:
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Parallel_view_UI

It would help in several ways: it would make differentiating between
windows easier. It would make the module selector buttons in the toolbar
unnecessary.

There are already many ideas in the wiki, in the refactoring page.
Please read it through, add comments and possibly add your own suggestions.

--Eeli Kaikkonen