[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Feature Requests-2790858 ] more flexible verse syntax recognition

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun May 17 14:41:34 MST 2009

Feature Requests item #2790858, was opened at 2009-05-12 20:21
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350954&aid=2790858&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Make the verse syntax more flexible for interpretation - let it still recognize the verse I type even when I type a "," or maybe a "." for a ":" (that separates chapter and verse), or when I add spaces. Let it recognize common abbreviations of biblical books, etc. - e.g. when I type "Apg" to get the book of Acts (in German), it should take me there (and not to Revelation).

Date: 2009-05-17 21:41

Message:
Please create a new request for selecting multiple verses. In
implementation level it's very different from the verse syntax and requires
major changes.

About the syntax: we use the SWORD engine which interprets the syntax.
Therefore it's not probable that we would make any changes to the allowed
syntax. It's quite flexible already, it accepts e.g. "gen1.1" as well as
Genesis 1:1".

The book names can be translated, but the translations belong to the SWORD
engine. You can change the used language in Configure->Languages. If you
are not happy with the translation and abbreviations, you can change them.
See our web page for translators.

I'll mark this as "Wont fix".

Comment By: alvanx (alvanx)
Date: 2009-05-12 20:35

Message:
Along the same lines, allow me to select multiple verses at a time, not
only one.