[bt-devel] Next: 2.0beta3? Or RC1?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue May 12 01:42:42 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:

> Perhaps the combination of debug code and running javascript to
> set/clear the timer is the cause of the issue. It is  rather hard to pin
> down timing issues like this.

We should fix it anyways, because it may bite use later. The code is
quite complicated nowadays because there is jscript and the old
timer/mousemove code has moved to a non-widget class. Additionally it's
not properly commented, it has old comments like "see timerEvent()"
while there's no timerEvent in that class anymore. I hope you could
refactor the comments and comment the code so that the flow could be
followed.

I think the problem is that the location of the cursor isn't check when
the timer is triggered.

The old timer event in chtmlreaddisplay.cpp worked like this:

DOM::Node currentNode = nodeUnderMouse();
// Process the node under cursor if it is the same as at the start of
the timer
if (!currentNode.isNull() && (currentNode != m_previousEventNode) &&
this->view()->underMouse()) {

So there were two things checked: that the mouse is over a node, and
that the mouse is over this window (though I wonder how it can be
"currentNode !=", unless it's a bug). I take it for granted that these
should be checked with the new system, too.

Can you take this task?

--Eeli Kaikkonen