[bt-devel] Which SWORD on Windows?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu May 7 01:14:52 MST 2009

Martin,

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> if possible we should change the sword detection logic to work without pgk-config, so that it works on linux and windows (and mac, possibly).

The logic that is in the "Windows only" section right now I designed
so that it *ought* to work on *Nix as well and still find most of the
normal install locations (including if one uses fink on a Mac or
installs to the normal fink directory of /sw).  The only part that I
didn't duplicate was the "find the right version" logic, since I
almost always work off of SVN HEAD or at least the latest tarballs.
However, I believe that CMake provides mostly painless ways of testing
for the presence of pre-processor definitions in header files which
could be added to that area.

If you want to give it a spin on Linux to see if it works, we can work
from there.  It would help everyone, I think, if we combined that
logic.  Just be careful to watch for, again, appending the extra
"sword/" to the include path that messes things up when installing out
of the original un-tarred SWORD sources on Windows.

--Greg