[bt-devel] A tip for wiki editing

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Mar 27 00:22:49 MST 2009

Quoting Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>:

> I suggest adding a signature *only* when:
>
>  (a) you write in the first person "I did X and Y happened", or
>
>  (b) when what you write is something that you suspect is controversial
> or likely to be disagreed-with.

Using common reason is of course allowed :) Many times I have found
that knowing the writer would make things easier. Browsing through
history is clumsy. I think those who follow the wiki some time get to
know when to add a signature. When you do add it, you can use ~~~~
instead of writing your name and time.

> Of course, the history is made more useful if those who edit actually
> write something in the Summary line (that describes their change) when
> they make edits ... most edits on this wiki, unlike most other wikis I
> have edited, currently have no summary lines! :)

Good observation. We should do that.

--Eeli Kaikkonen