[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1611953 ] SWORD BUG: Personal comments saved with invalid file names

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 23 22:47:44 MST 2009

Bugs item #1611953, was opened at 2006-12-08 18:58
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jmarsden
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1611953&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Backend / SWORD
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using bibletime 1.6.2 on ubuntu 6.0.6 filly patched for amd64.  Sword 1.5.9 and CLucene 0.9.16a all compiled from source.

I am not able to create new comments in the personal commentary (I do have sufficient permissions to do so).   More specifically, the comment is actually created but it cannot be retrieved.  It is created with an invalid file name (non-printable ascii character or ??).

BibleTime and Sword are both in /usr/local.  The /usr/local/share/sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal directory is owned by me and has a 755 rights mask.

Comment By: Jonathan Marsden (jmarsden)
Date: 2009-03-23 22:47

Message:
Since it may be significant,
I am using sword 1.5.11, and
both BibleTime and sword were
installed from .deb packages.

Comment By: Jonathan Marsden (jmarsden)
Date: 2009-03-23 22:46

Message:
This issue still exists for me
running BibleTime 2.0 alpha2
under Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid x64.

The filename is displayed as ??
by an ls command but is actually
the two characters CR and LF (ASCII
hex values 0x0D and 0x0A).  You can
see this by doing

  tar cf - ~/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/ | tar tf -

which on my test machine outputs:

tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/incfile
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/\r\n
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/ot.vss
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/nt.vss
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/nt
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/0000000
home/jonathan/.sword/modules/comments/rawfiles/personal/ot

In this output from tar the characters concerned are displayed as \r\n

Furthermore, this file contains the edited version of the comment,
as the original reporter states.

Jonathan