[bt-devel] BT packaging and build-time KDE dependency (extract-mesages.sh)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 20 22:50:18 MST 2009

Well, I found out the hard way that some parts of the BibleTime
2.0alpha2 build process do in fact depend on KDE-related tools.

In particular, cmake (which was not all that surprising) and
kdesdk-scripts (which was a bit of a surprise).

kdesdk-scripts is the Ubuntu package that includes a utility script
/usr/bin/extract-messages.sh that is used in building BT.

Since this is a shell script, I am not sure how the Windows (Visual
Studio 2008) build deals with this part of the build process... do we
already have a fully cross-platform tool we can use instead of this
shell script?  Or do we not care, and so just keep using it on Unix-like
platforms, since kdesdk-scripts does not itself require KDE libraries or
anything like that?

Jonathan