[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2696069 ] Mag display depends on attribute order

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 19 18:20:24 MST 2009

Bugs item #2696069, was opened at 2009-03-20 01:20
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2696069&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: None

Initial Comment:
An OSIS module that I have been working on, which used to work fine in older versions of BibleTime, suddenly stopped displaying definitions from Strong's in the Mag window. Linking to Strong's still works in that module in Xiphos, so I don't think it's Sword-related.

Some experimenting shows that the <w> tag, which used to read something like:
<w lemma="lemma.ANLEX:εὐαγγέλιον lemma.Strong:G2098>...
must now be changed to:
<w lemma="strong:G2098 lemma.ANLEX:εὐαγγέλιον">...
in order to get linked to Strong's. In particular, the "strong:G..." must come first.
<w lemma="lemma.ANLEX:εὐαγγέλιον strong:G2098">... does not work.

I'm not sure what the OSIS-ly correct thing is viz. lemma.Strong vs. strong
(it did used to work), but I'm pretty sure that the order of attributes shouldn't matter.
For instance, from the OSIS Bibles page on the wiki ("Marking with Other Lemmas"):
"As far as SWORD is concerned, there can be any number of these space-delimited
values in a lemma attribute and they can be in any order, even interspersed among
the "strong:" lemmas."

-Tom Cornell