[bt-devel] Bibletime 1.7 Final

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 14 15:22:48 MST 2009

Frank wrote:

>> Has BT 1,7 Final been packaged for Kubuntu, yet?  I have the RC1
>> package installed but can't find the Final...

>> Thanks to all for their hard work creating this great program!

> No-one?  :@(

I'm the only one doing Ubuntu packages of BT at the moment that I know
of, so I'm guessing this is directed at me... BTW, if you'd put
"package" or "Ubuntu" in the subject line, I'd probably have spotted it
and responded earlier :)

The Crosswire packaging team is in some mild disarray after missing an
important deadline for Ubuntu Jaunty... but that's another story.

Also, I actually packaged BT 1.7 on the day it was released, 2009-02-07,
but then ran into a package versioning mistake in my earlier packages
which means the Ubuntu LaunchPad system would not accept my upload of
that 1.7 package (it thinks that the 1.7rc1 package is newer!).

Today, I packaged up BT 2.0alpha1 for Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid, and that
package is now uploaded to my PPA, and being built there as I type.
Assuming those builds succeed (!), you should be able to grab it from my
PPA in a few minutes.  Since you probably already set your machine up to
look for packages in my PPA, you probably just need to do

  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

If you really do need a BT 1.7 final package, rather than a 2.0 alpha1
package, let me know and I'll try (again) to work around the "1.7rc1 is
greater than 1.7" thing, possibly by creating a BT 1.7.0 package... or
else I'll just have to get the 1.7 package to you some other way.

Jonathan