[bt-devel] Windows Alpha 2?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:33:47 MST 2009

Not sure what to call it - alpha? Pre-alpha?

Anyway, I built together a new installer, available from
http://www.utdallas.edu/~gsh062000/WinInstaller.msi

I give no guarantees that it will run or that it will install what you
need.  All of my virtual machines are officially dead and I wanted to
get this out in the wild before any more time went by.  Please,
someone test whether or not it installs and runs at all.  This is the
version with the .PNG files and they seem to work in Vista (we've
heard that before with images on this project, haven't we?).  Again -
Vista and XP users are highly sought, and anyone else on any other
Windows system is also highly desired.  I hope to get either an
alternate Vista or XP install on this machine's second hard drive, but
that will happen after I don't need it for assignments and other such
work, so don't expect it too soon.

If this version works nicely for everyone, I will start looking at
alternate means of wrapping up the packager for better beta
distribution to the users.  As before, test everything and document
problems both here and on the wiki.

--Greg