[bt-devel] Windows installer tool choice (was: Re: Windows build system)

Martin Zibricky matysek03 at seznam.cz
Sun Mar 1 15:33:45 MST 2009

Jonathan Marsden píše v Ne 01. 03. 2009 v 05:51 +0100:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>
> > As for the end user installer - I suggest using the same system than
> > Xiphos uses. ...
>
> Which is NSIS -- you can see this from the footer line their installer
> displays on all except the first of its screens :)

I suggest you to consider if BibleTime should support win9x and choose
the appropriate branch of NSIS.

1) official branch - supports win9x, but there are some issues with
localizations (e.g. the text file with localization must use codepage
for that localization)
2) unicode branch - supports only win2k and above, you can use even
non-ansi localizations