[bt-devel] Windows Fixes - svg vs png

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 07:56:03 MST 2009

Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there .......
>
> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>> On Windows it gets down to looking for the plugin and it has not been
>> loaded. It is there at \qt\4.4.3\plugins\iconengines\qsvgicond4.dll.
> Am I missing something here?  The .dll may be there in the developer
> files, but Windows is very unforgiving and needs .dll's to be either
> in the shared win32 directory or in the path or (best) in the bin
> directory.  The current install does not seem to include the .dll at
> all.  Try putting it in the .bin directory of the Ziphos install.
I am working with the developer files, not the install files. It does
not even work for that case.

Also, the plugin dll's are a special case of dll. They were not linked
against BibleTime like most other dll's. They are directly loaded by Qt
by it looking for dll files in a specific directory, so they don't need
to be on any path for it to work.

If I get svg working in the development case, we will still have to do
more work in the install files because this plugin is not currently there.

Also, I note that the svg icon is the only icon case that uses a plugin.
The others are just built into Qt.

Gary