[bt-devel] Windows (again)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 03:13:34 MST 2009

Eeli,

1) Your changes to FindSword.cmake work exactly as needed to provide
me with the GUI interface I need to configure.  You can commit that
file so long as it works for you under Linux too.

2) The conditional compile flags don't seem to have taken hold.  I
still had to remove the -Wall -O0, etc.

3) bibletime_dbus_adaptor.cpp and bibletime_dbus are still included in
the sources under Windows, but it really shouldn't be.  It might not
make a difference in the end, since they compile cleanly, but since
DBus doesn't exist on Windows, they should probably be taken out.
Maybe just keep a list of the main sources and then detect if we're on
a DBus system then add in the dbus-specific files?

4) Could it be possible to modify the .SVG files directly to .PNG
files at installation time, through adding just a quick line to the
CMake files to execute inkscape if the system detects WIN32 and
convert the files before installation?  Basically instead of:
FILE(GLOB INSTALL_ICONS_LIST "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/pics/icons/*.svg")
INSTALL(FILES ${INSTALL_ICONS_LIST}
	DESTINATION "${BT_SHARE_PATH}share/bibletime/icons/"
)

it might read something like

IF(WIN32)
    FOREACH(SVG_ICON ${INSTALL_ICONS_LIST})
    EXECUTE_PROCESS(COMMAND inkscape ${SVG_ICON}
${SVG_ICON/.svg/.png})  # Obviously, put this into the proper syntax
    INSTALL(FILE ${SVG_ICON/.svg/.png}
                  DESTINATION "${BT_SHARE_PATH}share/bibletime/icons")
  # And make this the correct syntax, also

instead?  Obviously that would only be if things turn out that they
work for PNG files and not for SVG files in Windows.

5) I'm doing a fresh, clean build so that I can have it prepared to
zip up for other developers to use to build on their systems as well.
Being that it includes the boost headers, it looks like it's going to
be a large ZIP file, but hopefully it won't be too unwieldy.

6) There is still one place in cswordmoduleinfo.cpp on line 240 where
you need to cast stop_words to (const TCHAR**) === note that it is
properly a pointer-pointer type.  That looks like it should be the
only actual coding problem still remaining with Visual Studio 2008
compilation.

I will probably have some changes for the FindSword.cmake in the
future so that it is more automated, and maybe also for
FindClucene.cmake as well.  As anticipated, I should have a new
pre-alpha package up with the PNG files tomorrow.
--Greg