[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2803495 ] Bookshelf Mgr not showing all available works from Crosswire

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 9 07:22:12 MST 2009

Bugs item #2803495, was opened at 2009-06-09 13:24
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2803495&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bookshelf
Group: None

Initial Comment:
BibleTime Version: 1.6.5.1 3.5.10, Debian Package 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-0lenny1 (lenny/sid)
OS: Linux (i686) release 2.6.27-1-mepis-smp (Mepis 8.0.06)

After installing BibleTime I went to the Crosswire.org site and discovered that there were some additional books which were of interest, but which don't show up in Bookshelf Manager, even though it appears to be pointing to the
correct source on the Crosswire website (ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/raw) and acts like it's pulling down the list of available modules from the Crosswire site. However, after that is complete it continues to display only the previous list of available modules (perhaps from when the version was released?)

I know the modules exist and are valid because I also loaded GnomeSword and they installed fine under it. However, BibleTime works more the way I need than GnomeSword, so I'd prefer to use BibleTime if possible. Thanks.

Date: 2009-06-09 14:22

Message:
1.6.x is about two years old, we don't support it anymore. 2.0 has recently
been packaged for Debian along with Sword 1.6 and latest Xiphos (formerly
known as GnomeSword). We have a wiki page about packages:
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Packaging. I don't use Mepis so I can't
tell if it helps or not. You can add information there to help others if
you for example get the Debian packages working.