[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: BibleTime 2.0 released

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Jun 8 12:44:14 MST 2009

Hi Karl,

finally some answers to your questions.

> Betreff: Re: BibleTime 2.0 released
> Datum: Freitag, 29. Mai 2009
> Von: Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org>
> An: Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net>
>
> Some more questions/problems.
>
> - I don't know where the bug tracker is -- nothing obvious off
> bibletime.sourceforge.net.  Can you tell me where yours is?

> - Localization isn't happening right.  Normally, I'm set for LC_ALL=C
> and no LANG.  In that environment, I am finding that all book names are
> translated to German.  When I then deliberately set LC_ALL=en_US
> LANG=en, I still get German book names.

The localization of Bible book names is configured separately from UI
localization. You can change this setting in BibleTime's config dialog.

> - Is there no way to turn off footnote markers?  There isn't a selection
> for this in Settings -> Configure -> Desk -> Text Filters.

Footnotes currently cannot be turned off.

> - When I toggle Show Scripture Cross-references, it seems not to take
> effect: I have to quit/restart before DM's NASB will show according to
> the newly-selected state.

This works for me with ESV 1.0. I do not have the NASB as it is not public,
and therefore cannot test it.

Thanks for testing BT. We appreciate all constructive criticism you can give
us.

mg