[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.0 released

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Wed Jun 3 11:12:12 MST 2009

Hi Joachim,

opening a main window menu is a Qt operation. So my guess is that the
performance problem might be inside Qt itself? It is hard to explain why other
apps should run fast, though....

I just checked yesterday: if you install kcachegrind and valgrind, you can run
"valgrind --tool=cachegrind ./bibletime" to profile BT. The resulting file can
be opened in KCachegrind to see where most performance is lost. It would be
very helpful if you could do that.

Maybe we messed up some event handling code in Qt.

mg