[bt-devel] 2.1 Binary Builds

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 13:53:05 MST 2009

I have uploaded a copy of the Mac build for 2.1 to
http://www.crosswire.org/~ghellings/bibletime - the download sizes up
about 37 MB while the installed version is about 106 MB.  I wish there
was a simple way to decrease that size, but Qt uses Frameworks on Mac,
which requires me to install both release and debug versions
simultaneously.  If no one else has issues with installation and
operation, might we get this released more publicly for beta testing?

My apologies for taking so long with this, but I have mostly
relinquished use of the Mac to my wife.

As regards building on Windows - I tried to build SVN head just today
and was greeted by four unresolved externals.  This is building
against Qt 4.5.1, and I have the following:

1>chtmlwritedisplay.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall BtActionCollection::addAction(class QString
const &,class QAction *)"
(?addAction at BtActionCollection@@QAEXABVQString@@PAVQAction@@@Z)
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall
CHTMLWriteDisplay::setupToolbar(class QToolBar *,class
BtActionCollection *)"
(?setupToolbar at CHTMLWriteDisplay@@UAEXPAVQToolBar@@PAVBtActionCollection@@@Z)
1>cplainwritewindow.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall BtActionCollection::addAction(class QString
const &,class QAction *)"
(?addAction at BtActionCollection@@QAEXABVQString@@PAVQAction@@@Z)
1>chtmlwritewindow.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall BtActionCollection::addAction(class QString
const &,class QAction *)"
(?addAction at BtActionCollection@@QAEXABVQString@@PAVQAction@@@Z)
1>chtmlwritedisplay.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall BtActionCollection::addAction(class QString
const &,class QObject const *)"
(?addAction at BtActionCollection@@QAEXABVQString@@PBVQObject@@@Z)
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall
CHTMLWriteDisplay::setupToolbar(class QToolBar *,class
BtActionCollection *)"
(?setupToolbar at CHTMLWriteDisplay@@UAEXPAVQToolBar@@PAVBtActionCollection@@@Z)
1>C:\Bt\bibletime-build\Debug\bibletime.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2
unresolved externals

The last line says there are 2, even though my eyes seem to see 4.
Has anyone observed this behavior on other systems? Is there now
dependency on another library that I need to find or on another
portion of the Qt library?  I am only linking against the necessary
portions of the Qt libraries to keep executable sizes down.  I believe
I'm very close to resolving the PNG display issues that have plagued
the Windows build, but I need to be able to compile before I can
complete my tests on that.

--Greg