[bt-devel] Bookshelf manager bugs

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Jan 13 12:44:05 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> I haven't disabled concurrency yet but I did some more testing with the
> manager. I have written in wiki about another bug: it ends up eating
> processor time (starvation or deadlock). By adding debug statements I
> found out that it happens when it calls
> sword::InstallMgr::installModule(). This very strongly suggests that the
> problem is in sword or in ftp library. Probably I should add debugging
> to sword library and recompile it to get more information.
>
> This didn't happen with my older machine but happens quite often with
> the new dualcore.

It's possible that these problems are not limited to our threaded
development code. I'm just installing modules with 1.6.5.1 (Kubuntu) and
it eats 100% of processor time after installing. Nice thing about
multicore is that the system is completely usable even if one app goes
wild...

The reason why I'm installing modules right now is that I'm going to run
a private local ftp server for testing purposes. Hopefully that helps me
with debugging.

--Eeli Kaikkonen