[bt-devel] Good news (about bookmarks)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Jan 1 04:07:23 MST 2009

Eric Hartwell wrote:

> btw: this version crashed when trying to install all the bibles/books I wanted
> from Crosswire via internet. when i install them individually, it works fine.
> and the default install path is /usr/share/sword which it reverts to even
> after you install to ~/.sword.

The default path should be saved, I have noticed it but haven't
implemented it yet.

There have been crashes with the bookshelf manager. As a quick fix I
could disable concurrent installing. It would work just like before but
only one module installation would be active at the same time. Now it
can have three concurrent installations from one source.

Technical notes:
I can't say for sure that the problem is not in the code written by me,
but I think it's in the Sword library or possibly in the ftp library
used by the Sword library. Most probably it's the Sword library. It
means that if we want to have concurrent installing we have to replace
the Sword install manager. It would be much work and means duplicating
the code, copying it from the Sword library to our own codebase. The
case would be easier if the problem is in the ftp library because we
could just use the QFtp class instead and in return would get finer
control over the connection and failure situations.

Ok, I will disable concurrent installing. Please people, test it again
and report if it work or not. If it still crashes the bug is much easier
to find when I know it's my own code. And btw, start BibleTime with
--debug switch and if you find a crash (anywhere), please attach the
debug output and possibly the trace log from KDE crash handler.

--Eeli Kaikkonen