[bt-devel] Windows Fixes - svg vs png

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:13:24 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Gary Holmlund wrote:
>> It works on linux because a Qt plugin is called to create the icon.
>> On Windows it gets down to looking for the plugin and it has not been
>> loaded. It is there at \qt\4.4.3\plugins\iconengines\qsvgicond4.dll.
>> I will look further tomorrow to see why it is not loaded.
> You can try SET(QT_USE_QTSVG 1) in the cmake file with other SET(QT_),
> though I think it won't help. See
> http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-general-kde-15/t-qt-431-windows-svg-plugin-problem-9036.html

I debugged through the Qt code down to where the plugin dll is loaded.
The load function is called with the correct path and name and that
path/name exists. The load function returns with an error and the plugin
does not load. Perhaps the plugin dll is missing some dependent dll? I
search Qt's defects and did not find any anything about it. I am not
sure what to do next. I may try to test with the 4.5.0 release candidate.

Gary