[bt-devel] Windows installer tool choice (was: Re: Windows build system)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 28 21:51:09 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> As for the end user installer - I suggest using the same system than
> Xiphos uses. ...

Which is NSIS -- you can see this from the footer line their installer
displays on all except the first of its screens :)

BTW, once upon a time I used to be fairly knowledgeable about NSIS, I
could get back up to speed pretty fast if need be... it's not difficult
to learn, just its own little scripting language.  There's a GUI tool
for generating intial scripts too, but I found I used it just to get a
first pass script and then edited the scripts after that... but that
tool may have improved since I last used it.

Jonathan