[bt-devel] Qt 4.5 problems

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Fri Feb 27 16:58:54 MST 2009

Hi all,

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up about this problem I'm having,
which I suspect is not a bug in BibleTime, but in Qt 4.5.  I'm running
BibleTime  Ubuntu Jaunty (a pre-release), which recently updated Qt
from 4.4 to 4.5.

I filed a bug about it here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+bug/332694

since it seems to affect Konqueror as well.  It could actually be a
Konqueror/KHTML bug -- I presume BibleTime uses the KHTML engine for
rendering the windows.

To summarise the bug, what happens is that very often the main display
windows don't repaint on scrolling.  Only the scrollbar moving up and
down tells you that it is doing anything.  This happens much more with
BibleTime than with Konqueror, and it currently makes BibleTime very
painful to use.  It appears to happen almost randomly.

I decided not to file a bug on your tracker, as I think it is likely a
Qt 4.5 issue, and while it would be legitimate to close the bug as
'invalid', I think this warrants more attention, as it is potentially
a killer bug for users of BibleTime.

Version info:
$ bibletime --version
Qt: 4.5.0-rc1
KDE: 4.2.00 (KDE 4.2.0)
: 1.7

Thanks for all your hard work,

Luke

--
"I'm at peace with the world. I'm completely serene. I know why I was
put here and why everything exists. I am here so everybody can do

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/