[bt-devel] Translation of BT

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:59:45 MST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> Gregory Hellings wrote:
>>
>> I don't know what tools BibleTime uses for maintaining its translations,
>> but I use the same installation procedure as the Unix build system, so
>> translations should cone for free, provided the Windows libraries are
>> present in the build.  Is there a way to check that? I am really only fluent
>> in English and passable in Computer, so I don't know how to access the
>> translations.
>>

> BT uses the Qt system which is as cross-platform as Qt and should work
> similarly on all systems.

The question is is it gettext based or not. I'd guess so but I don't
know for sure. If so then translations can be shared between apps
which would be useful for both. Even if not everything is shared then
translators would only have to translate one gettext file instead of
deciding whether or not they can be bothered dealing with both,
especially if they have only heard of the one app they are
translating.

Hope that makes sense,
Regards,
Daniel