[bt-devel] Some pictures

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:47:22 MST 2009

Just a screen shot of Bibletime running in a system other than my
Development box, to prove it's possible.  For some reason, it lacks
all icon images on this box - but then again, this is it running in
Win XP Pro 64-bit, so I don't feel that much surprise or consternation
over it.  The icons appear on my development box, but it is, after
all, my development box.

http://www.utdallas.edu/~gsh062000/pictures/p5.png

And, for the greatest irony of all, we have a former KDE/Linux app,
running under Windows on Mac OS X:

http://www.utdallas.edu/~gsh062000/pictures/p6.png

Daniel Owens has been kind enough to donate enough time to be the
first guinea pig to confirm that Bibletime will install and run on his
system.  You can fetch the .msi file from
http://www.utdallas.edu/~gsh062000/bibletime-installer.msi - it will
install the necessary files to C:\Program Files\Bibletime (or Program
Files (x86) for people with 64-bit Windows) and create a Start Menu
item to launch the program as well.  I made it with just the basic
installer creator in Visual Studio, which doesn't appear to have much
in the way of options.  Things I'd like to do, but it doesn't seem to
allow include creating an Environment Variable for SWORD_HOME and
modify the Start Menu item to automatically invoke Bibletime with
--debug as well as ask the user whether or not to create Desktop/Start
Menu, display the licensing agreement, etc.  On the upside, the entire
thing can be uninstalled using Windows' built-in uninstall tool under
Control Panel.

You can find some known issues listed on the Bibletime wiki in a new
page Building_on_Windows which I just created there and linked to from
the building page.  My thought was that the cross-platform builds will
have enough issues to track at their start that perhaps a separate
page would be good, and then, when things are more streamlined, they
can be collapsed back onto the main Building from source page.

Please, Windows away to your heart's content and don't forget to
document your problems on the Wiki, so we can all keep track of
things!

--Greg