[bt-devel] Cleanup for KHTML and KDE/Qt Porting

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Feb 16 08:20:54 MST 2009

Quoting Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:

> I don't see why we need the "About Qt" information.

It is customary in Open Source projects to advertise their background
technology. Though not necessary, I want to do it, too. It may also
attract potential developers. KDE uses "About KDE" in the Help menu
main level. I don't see a reason to do that, a tab is enough and not
too much.

I would also like to add "About SWORD". Even though it's technology
which the end users don't need to care about, it's integral part of
our project. The more people know about it the better.

> Also, I am not quite sure what you have in mind about the module info.

There's much information and it may need scrolling. It's possible to
divide the module info into tabs to make finding relevant text easier.
For example copyright info could be in a dedicated tab. This is not
necessary but an example about possible use cases for a tabbed text
reader dialog.

If that dialog is for general use it should be possible to use it
without tabs, too.

--Eeli Kaikkonen