[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.7rc1 released - PLEASE TEST - 1.7 final scheduled very soon

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Feb 3 13:39:44 MST 2009

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> 1.7rc1 is out.
>
> PLEASE TEST!
> Special attention needs to be paid to the Bookshelf Manager which is used to
> download and install modules.
>
> If we don't find any showstoppers, I'd like to release 1.7 on the weekend.
>
> @Eeli: Do you see a chance to change the download sequence to start with the
> first in the list? The current situation may be confusing to users, because
> they may not notice progress if it is in a hidden area. Does this require much
> work?

It's not a big job, probably changing couple of lines. I'm more worried
about the crashes, I have to find the reason - it may be very simple but
I don't know yet how long it takes.

Dylon Edwards sent a post asking a "homework assignment". Is it too late
for that? Dylon, if you read this, could you still do something before
the weekend? We could leave the Bookshelf Manager install progress
dialog user interface for you if you want to try it. It means changing
the order of the items and maybe some other small improvements. I would
like the items to be a little bit shorter vertically so that they
wouldn't take so much space. Also the dialog height could be adjusted
according to the amount of the items. If you are interested I can give
more detailed specifications.

--Eeli Kaikkonen