[bt-devel] Web site navigation bar usability

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Dec 31 05:48:45 MST 2009

The navigation box repeats "BibleTime" quite many times. It shouldn't.
Repeating obvious information/words is bad usability. The main section
has now 24 words of which 8 are "BibleTime". If someone can't understand
that all the links are for BibleTime he probably isn't intelligent
enough to read a web page. It's very difficult to find information
quickly between non-important words. Also, long lines are divided into
two lines making it even worse. Take this for example:

About BibleTime
BibleTime Screenshots

vs.

About
Screenshots

If you want to find Screenshots you have to read 4 words of which 2 two
are needless, and additionally you can't just move your eyes vertically
because important words are horizontally in different places.

See for example http://www.useit.com/alertbox/nanocontent.html.

I don't know whether this should be changed before we begin playing with
the new web site.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland