[bt-devel] Bazaar

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:43:11 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik
<sveinung84 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> $ bzr branch https://bibletime.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bibletime/trunk/bibletime
>> trunk
>> bzr: ERROR: KnitPackRepository('file:///home/greg/Projects/bibletime-bzr/.bzr/repository/')
>> is not compatible with
>> SvnRepository('https://bibletime.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bibletime')
>> different rich-root support
>>
>> Any idea on what's going wrong?
> Bazaar supports different branch formats. The format you use don't
> support SVN. When you create a repository use a format that supports
> SVN. Run "bzr help init" to see what formats your version of bazaar
> supports. You need one that supports rich-root. If you want to use
> your current repo you can convert it using "bzr upgrade
> --format=TheFormatYouWant" (try "bzr help upgrade" for details).

Thanks, Sveinung, Matthew Talbert suggested I upgrade to bzr 2.0.3
from their Launchpad PPA.  That worked like a charm... once I figured
out how to get apt to actually agree to upgrade off of the PPA.  Then
all I had to do was
bzr upgrade
and then execute the exact commands in Eeli's example to do the branch
off of both SourceForge and my company's SVN.

--Greg