[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.5.rc1 released - Windows Version

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Dec 17 14:16:47 MST 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Daniel Owens wrote:
> >> BT is crashing when I open it--every time. The initial message has
> >> "Assertion Failed!" and concerns
> >> "c:\iwmake\build_vs2008_opensourc...\harfbu...per.cpp" (truncated?) line
> >> 436. The expression is "item->  num_glyphs<= length".
>
> Oh wait, I changed the Hebrew font to SBL Hebrew and got the same error.
> The program crashed in the same manner as before. I played around with
> fonts for awhile and now it doesn't crash. All I did was change the fonts.
>
> I am using Windows 7, 64-bit, on an HP Pavilion dv3000.

OK, I installed SBL Hebrew, opened the Config dialog of BT, changed
Hebrew language font to SBL Hebrew, clicked OK (the WLC was already open
in the main window), and I got exactly the same error, including the
truncated file path. When I start BT again, it crashes again with the
same error after the main window is visible but before the WLC is in the
display.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland