[bt-devel] 2.5 release schedule

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Dec 15 04:59:31 MST 2009

There have been no development in recent days/weeks. I guess people are
preparing for Christmas. Is somone planning to fix a bug before the
final? If not, I suggest we declare the string freeze now, don't release
an RC and release the final a bit earlier than originally planned. I see
no reason to keep the final release waiting if we are not active before
Christmas. Also I think that releasing the final on 2009-12-23 isn't
very useful because users, packagers etc. are busy with Christmas.
Making it half a week earlier could help so that people would have a bit
more time to compile and package.

Just a thought - what do you think?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland