[bt-devel] The future of development and DVCS

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Dec 5 02:37:33 MST 2009

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009, 'Kang Sun' wrote:

> Eeli, are you using git-svn now to save your local changes or to
> merge/ignore current commits?

I don't use git-svn at the moment, but bzr-svn. I have a local branch
for a feature, I keep local trunk up to date with remote by pulling (so
that local is copy of remote) and merge changes from the local trunk to
the feature branch if necessary. When the feature branch is ready for
prime time, I merge it to the local trunk. Then I push local trunk to
the remote svn repository.

With git-svn I used the style of rebasing each feature branch
separately from the remote server, IIRC.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland