[bt-devel] The future of development and DVCS

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 4 20:17:35 MST 2009

Please know that the CrossWire server is available if it can be of use
for your development.  I'm not yet sold on git-- many of the new
features people point to as good scare me :)  But I'd love for another
project to go for it and be the Guinea Pig!

We have pretty heavy iron and a fat pipe on our server, but someone
would have to volunteer to admin the git services.

I've mentioned git over any other scm because I feel that greater than
exactly the best features, popularity and momentum is more valuable in
the oss world to make it familiar for the most number of developers.
And I doubt there are highly significant feature benefits of another
dvcs tool over git.

But I'm no expert, so please let me know if you disagree.

	-Troy.