[bt-devel] Windows Development Release Updated to BT 2.5 svn 1995

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Dec 4 02:38:55 MST 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:

> I have update the BibleTime for Windows development version to svn 1995.

Thanks. This time it actually has the latest UI translations. Previous
package didn't are far as I could see. That was probably due to the
feature of the build system which I consider a bug: the .qm files under
the build/ directory aren't updated if they exist. Therefore, unless
building from scratch, the installed .qm files aren't updated. Can this
be changed?

Nobody has done anything to the Windows uft8 path name issue. It means
that people with non-ascii characters in their names can't use
BibleTime. The least we can do is to add a warning in the installer (and
to our release announcement and Download page). The Installing page of
the wizard takes some time. Text could be added there, or in the
Completing page, or both. Nobody has yet reported this issue, but as we
know, people more likely change to another application than report bugs.

Qt has a VS2008 package nowadays, I added a link to the wiki. I haven't
yet succeeded to build BibleTime, but cmake detected that Qt
installation - I anticipate it to work. It means a bit less work for new
Windows developers.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland