[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Thirdparty Bugs-2905402 ] Line breaks within words in WLC

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 1 05:51:59 MST 2009

Thirdparty Bugs item #2905402, was opened at 2009-11-28 17:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=521207&aid=2905402&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When the Hebrew Bible WLC is open, then line breaks do not occur between words, as would be expected.
Instead, the line breaks occur at the end of a physical line within the window, which means that words are often cut in half.
This occurs regardless of window size or Font type.
This bug does not occur in other Sword software, e.g. Xiphos.

See the attached screenshot for examples.

(I use BibleTime 2.0 on Ubuntu 9.10 - The same error occurs on Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE4.3)
(WLC version 1.4.)

Date: 2009-12-01 12:51

Message:
Don't bother, I have already created a test case and just reported this to
Qt.

Comment By: Eeli Kaikkonen (eelik)
Date: 2009-12-01 11:41

Message:
Can someone confirm this finding: this happens only with words which are
the last ones inside tags, with no characters (e.g. .,") after them. It
happens only with words consisting of non-ascii characters.

Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)