[bt-devel] About whats happening

Jaak Ristioja Ristioja at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:23:43 MST 2009

Hi all!

I thought I let you know, that I've began rewriting some parts of
BibleTime. I haven't committed anything yet, and probably won't commit
until its production-ready.

Anyway, I first started refactoring the search dialog code, and I
discovered that BibleTime does not use the Qt's model-view framework.
This in turn lead me to refactor the CBookshelfIndex and
BtModuleTreeItem and related classes.

There will probably be a BtBookshelfModel (QAbstractListModel) which
will be the base model for modules. On top of BtBookshelfModel will be
BtBookshelfTreeModel - a tree model for the bookshelf, providing
grouping etc. I hope to implement the models in a way that will allow us
to write some very neat widgets on top of them in the future.

What lead me to this refactoring effort, was that the source code is
very difficult to understand at present, and I hope to change that.

Be blessed!
Jaak