[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2838292 ] Dragging unselected verse to bookmark panel ==> crash

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 23 21:39:11 MST 2009

Bugs item #2838292, was opened at 2009-08-15 14:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jmarsden
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2838292&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bookmarks
Group: new bug

Initial Comment:
Dragging an unselected verse to the bookmarks panel will lead to a segfault.  This did not occur in 2.0.
BT 2.1
Qt 4.5.2
KDE 3.5.8

Comment By: Jonathan Marsden (jmarsden)
Date: 2009-08-23 21:39

Message:
The fix (git commit) that Gary pointed to is a trivial one line change.
Just a check for whether something is NULL before using it.

I'd try just patching the 4.5.2 sources to match that, and rebuild :)

Comment By: kbs (k486)
Date: 2009-08-23 21:28

Message:
Thanks!  Any idea of when 4.5.3 is scheduled to be released?  I've looked
around but found no release dates yet.  Perhaps I should just go to 4.5.0.

Comment By: Gary  Holmlund (gholmlund)
Date: 2009-08-23 20:42

Message:
After a dialog with Qt people and supplying them a test program that also
crashed, they agreed that there was a bug in Qt 4.5.2, but that it had
already been fixed for the coming Qt 4.5.3. Here is a reference to the
change in Qt.

http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/9dadc219814cd9baaa4be4cee6ee2b3cf7df4a19

Comment By: Gary  Holmlund (gholmlund)
Date: 2009-08-16 19:57

Message:
I have submitted it to Qt. I will update this again when I get the tracking
number.

Comment By: kbs (k486)