[bt-devel] problem in bible key chooser

Jaak Ristioja Ristioja at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 01:36:50 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:
> Jaak Ristioja wrote:
>> I just developed a patch that will only show those arrows if the user
>> has hovered over the edit box. Although this is a small change in
>> functionality, this will hopefully work with most styles better than the
>> current implementation. I didn't commit it yet, because we are in freeze
>> (with no SVN branches, correct?) and I wanted your opinion on this
>> matter. I've attached the patch for testing. Please let me know what you
>> think.
>>
>> God Bless! :)
>> Jaak Ristioja
>>
> I tried the patch on ubuntu 9.04 and kbuntu 9.04. As I move up to the
> widget I have to move beyond the button location onto the verse and then
> back down to the button. Sometimes the button does not immediately pop
> up and I have to move the mouse again to get them up. The extra movement
> needed detracts some from the feature.
>
> Thanks for you work.
>
> Gary Holmlund

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly. By "button location"
did you mean the vertical <|> buttons left and right of the line editor?

For the previous patch, the dropdown buttons should appear immediately
after moving the cursor onto the line editor and stay visible for about
0.5 seconds after the cursor leaves that area or the buttons themselves.

Following your fast response, I wrote an enhanced version of the patch,
also attached to this email. Functionality-wise the buttons should now
appear when the mouse cursor enter anywhere on the whole Key Reference
Widget, not just the line editor as before. Code-wise this is also a
better patch, because it doesn't define another class, but uses the
existing CKeyReferenceWidget.

I hope that this new patch is more intuitive than the previous one.
Please test.

Thank you!
Jaak

PS: I also attached a screenshot of the functionality on KDE 4.3 with
the CleanLooks widget style. I also observed, that the statement

m_textbox->setStyleSheet("QLineEdit{margin:0px;}");

had no effect on my machine. Therefore, in the patch I used
setContentsMargins instead.