[bt-devel] RFC: Remove modules installed by the native package manager

Frank fchimes at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 13:06:07 MST 2009

Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik wrote:
> I have heard that people have complained about not being able to
> remove modules that are installed by the operating system's native
> package manager. The following patches are a possible solution to it.
> It adds support for PackageKit, an abstraction layer for package
> managers, to BibleTime.
Wouldn't it be easier to just either:

A) Remove the packages using the native package manager?

B) Not install packages automatically in the first place?  I assume if
people install such manually, they know how to remove them?

If you do remove using PackageKit, do you ensure that the native package
manager's data is properly updated?  If not, that would leave the system
in a possibly unstable state...

--
Blessings

Frank