[bt-devel] FATAL ASSERT in my BibleTime 2.0 beta1 package

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Apr 24 22:41:05 MST 2009

Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> Eeli,
>
>>> (BibleTime 2.0.beta1) _FATAL_: ASSERT: "sourceList.count() > 0" in file
>>> /home/jonathan/packages/sword/bibletime/build-area/bibletime-2.0~beta1/src/frontend/bookshelfmanager/installpage/btsourcewidget.cpp,
>>> line 224
>
>> If no install sources are found when you open the dialog, it creates the
>> CrossWire source and adds it to the backend source list. The assertion
>> gets the source list and makes sure that the source has really been
>> added. I don't understand why it doesn't succeed.
>
> Aha!  Thanks for putting me on the right track.  I think my preference
> for using /etc/sword.conf and keeping modules under /usr/share/sword per
> the library documentation just broke BibleTime?
>
> My /etc/sword.conf says:
>
> [Install]
> DataPath=/usr/share/sword/
>
> Of course, neither that sword.conf file nor that data location are
> writeable by my "jonathan" user, but only by root.  And apparently,
> someone forgot to check that before "adding to the backend source list"!

I just added a message into the Bookshelf Manager source area if the
source list is empty. It doesn't help if you try to add a new one
manually, but at least you have then messed up your config yourself
before that and after you have already used the Sword install manager :)

Yes, there are more situations where the permissions should be checked.
It's quite annoying to do something and wonder why nothing happened
(like installing new modules).

--Eeli Kaikkonen