[bt-devel] Some more patches

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Apr 18 23:53:26 MST 2009

Gary Holmlund wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>>
>> Getting Creator support is surely a positive thing. But Creator is
>> continually "under work" and they are working on better cmake support.
>> If cmake is supported directly there's no need for qmake. Cmake has
>> been originally selected for us because qmake may be too simple and
>> restricitive. It may work now but not necessarily in the future.
> I tried out Qt Creator opening our CMakeList.txt as a project. I was
> able to compile, link and debug bibletime. However I could not see how
> to do the install step. Perhaps with a little more understanding it can
> be make to work.

I'm not sure if this redefines the meaning of "obvious" or not :)

Install and run steps: done.

By clicking Run it also installs. I put "-D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -D
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=install/ .." (from our build-debug.sh file) to
Projects->Build settings->all->Build steps->CMake->Additional arguments.

Then I created new Run Settings->Run configuration and set the working
directory and executable.

--Eeli Kaikkonen