[bt-devel] Windows build problems

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Apr 18 01:28:46 MST 2009

Greg Hellings wrote:

> 2) bibletime-2.0.0alpha3-win32.exe - an installer, built with CPack,
> that should install everything needed for users of BibleTime on
> Windows.  Again, YMMV, but I've actually tested it, this time, on my
> XP virtual machine and everything installs and runs.  I'm not able to
> get the SVG files running on XP, but there is a QtSvg4.dll and
> QtSvgd4.dll in the 4.5.0 build -- getting those linked in properly (I
> modified CMakeLists.txt to link in the SVG libraries, but I they don't
> seem to be used) might solve our issue of that display.

I can confirm the problems you previously told about. The toolbar is in
wrong place. Maybe it has a wrong parent or something like that. But it
works correctly on Linux/Qt4.5. If I hide/show it again (go on top of
Bookshelf, Bookmarks or Mag title and use RMB menu) it goes to the
correct place and works correctly.

It's really slow. It wasn't with previous package. It works well with
Linux/Qt4.5, and I don't believe Qt has released anything this bad. But
either I don't believe it's our code, because it has worked well all the
time sans some exceptions: opening the bookshelf manager where
populating the list view takes long time; opening the install progress
dialog. These are really slow now, too, but I feel slowness also
elsewhere. On the other hand, after it has been used some time it works
quite well.

There are still problems with sword configuration. BibleTime uses
home/.sword by default. Maybe we have to change that and use the Xiphos
model. And there appears .sword directory under Program Files/BibleTime.
It's wrong because it includes changing data.

There are just too many TODO items right now with Sword 1.6 and Qt 4.5
and other things so I can't concentrate on these. We need more developers...

--Eeli Kaikkonen