[bt-devel] Windows Module Install bug

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:04:03 MST 2009

Troy,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Troy A. Griffitts
<scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Do you have a sword.conf in the directory where bibletime.exe is installed?
>  how about a mods.d/ ?  These take precedence over SWORD_PATH.

The only thing in the directory with the bibletime.exe is
libsword.dll.  When I ship out the installer, we also put the Qt*.dll
files in there as well.  Obviously, we've talked about using a
sword.conf in the directory with bibletime.exe as a stop-gap measure
until we're ready to upgrade to the 1.6 branch of SWORD, but with the
extra testing that BibleTime for Windows is likely to need and the
UTF16/NTFS bug, we probably won't release a final BibleTime for
Windows build until 1.6.1 anyway.

> The idea is that an app can override systemwide configurations if they place
> either their modules or a sword.conf in their own directory and specify the
> desired behavior for their app.

I would have tested if putting a sword.conf in the directory and
pointing it to C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Sword would have worked, but I
didn't have the format for the file handy, so I just reverted back to
the original settings.  My only thought is that possibly BibleTime or
libsword wasn't picking up the change in the environment variable for
some reason between runs.  I'm curious to see if others have seen this
happen with BibleTime's other builds or if it happens for others when
I release this build.

--Greg